180 Veggie Capsules
An initial step in many treatment programs is to rid the body of accumulated wastes and toxins, metabolic by-products, desquamated cells, and so forth. DETOXOFORM is formulated to stimulate that process, with particular attention being paid to intracellular processes.
Patients who are suffering from general malaise, degenerative conditions, debilitating ailments, systemic infection, auto-immune disorders, low-grade fevers, intestinal problems, and recurrent or frequent illness, are all good candidates for the use of this formula.DETOXOFORM is not a laxative. It falls more into the category of an alterative, or blood lymph gland purifier. It helps to stimulate the flow of lymph and the ability of lymph and blood to communicate easily and efficiently. DETOXOFORM should be considered as a natural adjunct to the use of METAFORM, REGENOFORM, FORTEFORM, ECOLOFORM and DERMAFORM.
B. Patient Reactions
Patients who have never experienced the cleansing process before may report feeling nauseated, having headaches and/or diarrhea and similar symptoms of detoxification. They should be encouraged to be patient; these symptoms typically subside in a few days. After a week or two on DETOXOFORM most patients will report feeling better than they ever have before, with the degree of difference being directly related to the degree of illness.
C. Notes on Constituents
Provitamin A (beta carotene)
1. As an antioxidant, beta carotene is a very potent detoxifier of cells throughout the body; prevents damage due to free oxygen radicals.
2. Prevents cancer, especially lung, ovarian and skin cancer.
3. Stimulates the entire detoxification process.
1. Supplementation required in the presence of any disease that overloads the body's excretory and detoxification processes.
2. Signs of deficiency, and toxicity, include cheilosis, sore and red eyes, dermatitis and nerve tissue damage.
1. Occurs in large amounts in liver, suggesting an important role in the health of that organ of detoxification.
2. Bound in red blood cells to erythrocuprein, a protein known to have superoxide dismutase activity.
3. Acts as a cofactor in several other enzyme systems, including cytochrome oxidase.
4. A deficiency may result in a low white blood cell count associated with reduced resistance to infection.
1. Promotes the normal health of sweat glands, one of the major routes of detoxification.
Silybum marianum (Milk thistle Seed PE)
1. Contains some of the most potent liver protective substances known.
2. Helps prevent liver destruction and enhances liver function by inhibiting free radicals and leukotrienes which are responsible for hepatic damage.
3. Stimulates regeneration of damaged cells and the production of new liver cells, probably by stimulating liver protein synthesis.
4. Inhibits the formation of damaging leukotrienes by blocking the action of lipoxygenase.
5. Stabilizes cell membranes and thereby inhibits the penetration of toxins into the cell.
1. Is one of the best sources of chlorophyll, providing anti-infectious activity in addition to healing action.
2. Chlorophyll has also been shown to increase the effectiveness of penicillin by as much as 35%.
3. In anemic animals, administration of chlorophyll results in the return to normal of red blood cell counts.
4. Breaks down carbon dioxide and releases free oxygen thereby inhibiting anerobic bacteria.
5. Has a deodorizing effect on the body because body odor is caused by anaerobic bacteria.
6. Has an overall detoxifying and toning action on the body that is of considerable benefit for people suffering from debilitating conditions associated with chronic disease.
7. An excellent source of vitamins A,E,F & K.
Trifolium pratense (Red Clover Blossoms)
1. A favorite North American treatment of cancer includes large amounts of red clover.
2. Used by many naturopaths as a blood cleanser in the treatment of all kinds of degenerative diseases.
3. A source of many important nutrients, including chromium, calcium, magnesium, niacin, phosphorous, and potassium.
Curcuma longa (Turmeric Rhizome)
1. Possesses significant liver protecting effects.
2. Cholagogue: enhances production and flow of bile.
3. Used popularly in Indian and Chinese systems of medicine for the treatment of many forms of inflammation.
Smilax spp. (Sarsaparilla Root)
1. A traditional blood purifier, or alterative, acts by stimulating the gradual elimination of toxins and wastes from the blood.
2. Regarded as a healing tonic to the entire body.
1. Increases the secretion of lipids, cholesterol and bile acids.
2. Greatly decreases the toxic activity of environmental pollution on cellular health.
Glycyrrhiza glabra (Licorice root)
1. Considered by the Chinese to be the "Great Detoxifier."
2. Dramatically improves the health of the liver, helping to make it highly resistant to damage by blood borne toxins.
3. Stimulates the repair of a damaged liver.
4. Possesses strong anti-viral activity.
5. Stimulates many aspects of the immune system.
6. Increases the effectiveness of circulating glucocorticoids.
7. Has gentle alterative and aperient actions.
1. Aids in the detoxification process by enhancing both humoral and cell-mediated immune responses.
Taraxacum officinalis (Dandelion Root)
1. Long recognized as one of the finest liver remedies and tonics.
2. Cholagogue; enhances the production and flow of bile.
3. Used in the treatment of liver congestion, bile duct inflammation, hepatitis, gallstones and jaundice.
4. Improves the functional capacity of the liver.
5. Improves the function of the gallbladder by causing contraction and release of stored bile.
6. Possesses a beneficial affect on digestion; is a rich source of vitamins, iron, protein, carotenoid, several additional minerals and nutrients.
7. Has been used to treat anemia.
Larrea divaricata (Chaparral)
1. Contains NDGA (nordihydroguaiaretic acid), a substance with strong anti-oxidant action.
2. NDGA has been shown to inhibit dental caries. A good rinsing of the mouth with chaparral tea could help keep the oral cavity clean and fresh.
3. Reduces inflammation and increases ascorbic acid levels in the adrenals.
4. Inhibits several strains of bacteria.
5. Has great potential as an adjunct in the treatment of some forms of cancer.
6. The detoxification properties of chaparral have been utilized by native Americans for centuries.
Yucca spp. (Yucca)
1. Considered a good alterative or blood purifier.
2. Used as a remedy for arthritis and other debilitating conditions.
Juniperus communis (Juniper Berry)
1. Acts directly on the kidneys, stimulating the flow of urine by raising the rate of glomerulus filtration.
2. Has soothing action on the kidneys.
3. After acute nephritic illness, will return the renal epithelium to normal secretory action and normalize blood pressure.
Laminaria spp. (Kelp)
1. An excellent source of nutrients the body can utilize during periods of convalescence and detoxification.
2. Is a glandular tonic, and will help maintain the health of all glands utilized in the detox process.